Tuesday 25 January 2011

Resposibility

Responsibility must be taken for my work.
Before my performance, Last week for site.
I had not considered the feelings of the audience, if they bought into what I was saying, I told a lie betraying them. I BETRAYED THEIR FEELINGS. 

If on a grander emotional scale, different scenario I could really hurt someone, so Caution is paramount. I must consider the space, the people, the words.

Directed to the performer Augosto Boal, and from what I have gleamed from the internet, uses performance to fuel political debate, and to involve an audience, who can stop, continue, change a performance.Will be reading this later tonight.

TUTORIAL 

Will Pollard directed me to the book The Artist's Body, a book that accounts performance in it's various mediums. 

Tutorial cleared up what I should be doing at this stage, kicking of from last week and using it to fuel this project. I should be evaluating that performance or acting, and taking from that what was great and not so. The Artist's Body should help me figure out where I want to take this, such as theatre, film, live street.

No comments:

Post a Comment