Thursday 20 January 2011

SITE PROJECT: PERFORMANCE

My second performance. 


Using the Site project


I was angry with this project.


Uninspired, and feeling restricted.


I went for this performance, deciding to go for it the night before.


I study acting.


In my studio space, my peers and tutors gathered around me on mass, i told them:


"I'm gonna be honest, I haven't done this project."
"I struggled, in fact I'm struggling with the course"


PAUSE.


"I getting pretty fucking sick of it to be honest"
"So I'm just gonna leave now"


I walked off through the crowd, unable to see the possibly stunned faces.


I returned seconds later, to a room that kind of swelled with relief, shaking off the awkwardness that was maybe making people feel sick.


The feedback was interesting, and a boost for my self worth, it has given me the drive, and force of will to be good at this. 


I was believable.


I will look at theatre work and an Argentinian pair of Luis Ospina and Carlos Mayolo.

No comments:

Post a Comment