Tuesday 1 February 2011

ACTING CLASS WEEK3

A. Where have you been?
B. Out
A. Are you ok?
B. Yeah, fine.
A. Shouldn't we talk?
B. What About?
A. You know what about.
B. What do you want me to say?


I was B, Kate A.
Paired up with kate, we had to create the details of the piece, SUBTEXT. Subtext gives you meat on the bones of the words, without it, the words have no power to affect. 


This was my best performance so far, my best acting. It was OUR best acting. It's important to be relaxed and confident, to have no fear, the audience will feed of this. It was "Intense" said one. "Excellent, excellent, excellent" were the words to describe the scene. 


My character felt trapped by the baby in the relationship with my wife of three years. I don't know how to stop the way I'm feeling, I know it's wrong, but I can't stop it. Self destructive fool.


Kate just wanted to be loved and for me to say something to let her know this. To break free of my insecurities and to be part of the family. SUBTEXT.


We performed the piece again, this time, replacing the written words with the thoughts, the feelings of the script.


B. Leave me alone
B. Fuck, fuck, fuck
B. We've been through this, and for some reason I still can't apologise
B. I want out of here


I want to study these more side by side, the importance to have a story, truth behind the words can't be expressed.













No comments:

Post a Comment