Tuesday 15 February 2011

Contagion project/ Acting class 6

Contagion piece. Performing in front of camera using the techniques learnt during my sixth acting class. Experiments.


Chris is a great teacher.


I always knew from writing to acting that you should go within to produce you're best work. 
Chris though really gave me the impetus to internalise my acting and be truthful. He told us to stop externalising, to stop acting in a sense tell the truth.
We were involved in an exercise, sitting in a chair, each of us looking away from one and other; closing our eye's and going back to a place in our past that had significance that we had strong feelings of. I won't say where I went but Chris took us through it, how we felt, who was there, the details of our surroundings. We sent what felt like an hour, internalising, going back to the truth.


Coming out of it I felt feelings, to strong to explain, I was sharp and I cold tackle acting truthfully, really truthfully.


Contagion can begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment